Negotiating with letting companies in the home location and foreign landlords or rental companies in the host country can be one of the most frustrating distractions that a newly relocated assignee has to contend with.
BTR International can ensure that your employees do not have to worry about time consuming property related matters during the period they are on assignment. Our experts can assist with all aspects of property management including:
Vacant Property Management:
In order to provide peace of mind to those assignees that do not wish to sell their existing home prior to going on assignment, we will manage the vacated home in the origin country throughout the duration of the period they are away. We will arrange periodic inspections, deal with all relevant issues such as sourcing and vetting of new tenants if they wish to rent out their property whilst abroad, ensure that rental fees are collected on an agreed, regular basis, make payments on behalf of the assignee, arrange routine maintenance and manage the general upkeep and repair of the property.
At BTR International, we know that the demands of managing a myriad of tenancies in multiple locations can place a huge administrative burden on your HR team. We also appreciate that dealing with property issues in a foreign country such as lease negotiations and utility problems can be both very time consuming and stressful for even the most experienced international assignee. This is where our tenancy management programme can help.
We can provide full tenancy management for all of your assignees and help deal with and resolve any property-related issues that may arise. This will help to minimize your involvement, mitigate your financial exposure and eliminate those challenges that the assignees themselves would otherwise have to contend with.
If required, we can represent the employee when negotiating with the landlord or rental company, manage the payment of rental and/or utility charges, co-ordinate any routine maintenance and emergency repairs, manage the lease renewal and conduct regular inspections of all the properties we manage on your behalf. Our experience and expertise ensures that all property issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently with as little involvement from the assignee as possible. Our ability to carry out regular and thorough property inspections reduces the likelihood of additional and often unwarranted costs being charged to the company or the employee, saving what can often be significant amounts of money on deterioration and damage claims made by landlords and property rental companies.
In summary, the services we can provide include:
– Check the tenancy clauses to ensure they are fair and reasonable for the assignee.
– Negotiate the lease to minimise the rental fee and any associated maintenance costs.
– Re-negotiate the lease at the time of renewal on the most favourable terms.
– Arrange payment of deposits and monthly rental fees.
– Manage the reading of utility meters and the supply of services.
– Ensure on-going maintenance and payment of routine bills.
– Conduct routine property checks.
– Manage the inventory check-in and check- out procedures.
– Arrange for the property to be professionally cleaned, if this is forms part of the. agreement
– Negotiate to minimize any compensation claims for damage and dilapidation from the landlord or the rental company.
– Recover and refund the deposit at the completion of the tenancy period.